What MAEAP Can Do For You:
- MAEAP is a confidential and voluntary process working with the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development to meet environmental laws.
- Boost your access to cost-share funds with Natural Resource Conservation Service programs.
- Receive Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) Credits for risk assessments (farm visits), verification, and reverification.
- Save up to 20% on your Basic Liability Premium (Section II) of your Farm Bureau Insurance Farmowners Policy.
- Avoid civil fines and penalties if your farm is faced with an unintentional, accidental discharge to the water or an “Act of God Weather Event.”
- Show your neighbors and community that you are protecting natural resources using environmentally sound practices.
- Have emergency plans ready to deal with the unexpected.
- Maximize natural fertilizer use and reduce use of fertilizers.
- Ensuring safe storage of fuel, fertilizer and chemicals.
Please call 231-832-2950 ext 5 or email Alex.firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment!